Interested in exercising your leadership skills and making a difference for military families? Have you always wanted to work for a non-profit? Consider serving on MSJDN’s Board of Directors and help shape the future of our organization. Nominations for open positions are due February 17, 2019, and can be submitted through this form. The new Board of Directors will be announced in May 2019.
Curious about serving on the MSJDN Board? Watch last year’s Board Nominations Webinar for details on time commitment, expectations, and more about board service.
MSJDN’s Board consists of officer and director roles, as well as at-large members as needed. Open officer and director positions this term are:
- President-Elect (3-year term),
- Treasurer-Elect (2-year term)
- Development Director (2-year term),
- Membership Director (2-year term),
- Events Director (2-year term),
- Homefront to Hired Director (2-year term), and
- Pro Bono Director (2-year term).
- At-Large Members serve for one year and are filled as needed.
Expectations for MSJDN Board members include:
- Lead and be active participants on one or more of MSJDN’s committees;
- Attend regularly scheduled virtual board meetings;
- Attend the Annual Reception and/or Making the Right Moves; and
- Readily assist in other matters that may arise during the course of the service year.
To be considered for appointment to MSJDN’s Board of Directors, a candidate must (1) be a member in good standing; (2) be actively involved in the organization; and (3) demonstrate the experience and skills necessary to serve as part of the organization’s leadership. All applicants must complete and submit their nomination no later than February 17, 2019, to be considered for a position.
Board applications will be considered by the 2019-2020 Nominations Committee, which consists of the President-Elect and the Immediate Past President, as well as 3 MSJDN members. Interviews will be conducted by the Committee upon close of the application period. Candidates recommended by the Nominations Committee must be confirmed by a two-thirds vote of MSJDN’s current Board.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not sure if serving on the Board is for you? Check out information on other opportunities on MSJDN committees and projects. MSJDN is fueled by volunteer power, so please reach out to committee leaders if you are interested!