Interested in exercising your leadership skills and making a difference for military families? Have you always wanted to work for a non-profit? Consider serving on MSJDN’s Board of Directors and help shape the future of our organization. Nominations for open positions are due March 9, 2018, and can be submitted through this form. The new Board of Directors will be announced in May 2018.
Join MSJDN leadership on Feb. 16 at 12 pm EST to learn more about what it means to serve on the MSJDN Board and ask any questions about the nominations process. Register for the Q&A here.
MSJDN’s Board consists of officer and director roles, as well as at-large members. Open officer and director positions this term are:
- President-Elect (3-year term),
- Treasurer-Elect (2-year term)
- Communications Director (2-year term),
- State Licensing Director (2-year term), and
- Governance Director (2-year term).
- At-Large Members serve for one year and are filled as needed.
Expectations for MSJDN Board members include:
- Lead and be active participants on one or more of MSJDN’s committees;
- Attend regularly scheduled virtual board meetings;
- Attend the Annual Reception and/or Making the Right Moves; and
- Readily assist in other matters that may arise during the course of the service year.
To be considered for appointment to MSJDN’s Board of Directors, a candidate must (1) be a member in good standing; (2) be actively involved in the organization; and (3) demonstrate the experience and skills necessary to serve as part of the organization’s leadership. All applicants must complete and submit their nomination no later than March 9, 2018, to be considered for a position.
Board applications will be considered by the 2018-2019 Nominations Committee, which consists of the President-Elect and the Immediate Past President, as well as 3 MSJDN members. Interviews will be conducted by the Committee upon close of the application period. Candidates recommended by the Nominations Committee must be confirmed by a two-thirds vote of MSJDN’s current Board.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Not sure if serving on the Board is for you? Stay tuned for information on other opportunities on MSJDN committees and projects. Build your resumé while serving your fellow milspouse attorneys and other military families.